OnCalculate called twice in Strategytester - page 2

thomasfx67:

The problem is, that i will have to redesign a big part of my ea. 

Perhaps i do not see anything you see clear? But why do you think, this should not be a problem? It is not just a performance problem, but filtering out those false ticks (not sure if possible consitent), costs performance again.

I don't see how this can be a problem with your EA, if your indicator is well designed it should not be a problem.

We are talking about Strategy Tester in visual mode, you can't have a performance problem there. Is this also happen when you test an EA who are using your indicators ? If yes then you may have a little performance problem, as your test can take longer to execute.

Is this happen when an indicator is attached to a chart ? I will check when market is open.

If Indicator1 would be an EA, using Indicator2 as iCustom, then it is ok.

An Ea using Indicator1, which is using Indicator2 shows the same problem.

I´m not completely sure about live, but i believe i saw the correct behaviour.

Sure, there is no problem in performance with this Testindicator in visualization, but my real setup is a little bit more complex, and using it in an ea, shows the same problem...

I have one Indicator doing Renko/Range Bars, and this is used with iCustom, you can imagine everything based on this is rubbish ;) 

or writing to a file.. without extra coding, everything twice in this e.g. logfile

thomasfx67:

If Indicator1 would be an EA, using Indicator2 as iCustom, then it is ok.

An Ea using Indicator1, which is using Indicator2 shows the same problem.

I´m not completely sure about live, but i believe i saw the correct behaviour.

Sure, there is no problem in performance with this Testindicator in visualization, but my real setup is a little bit more complex, and using it in an ea, shows the same problem...

I have one Indicator doing Renko/Range Bars, and this is used with iCustom, you can imagine everything based on this is rubbish ;) 

I don't like excessive words.

I agree it's not ideal, I will check on a live chart. Have you reported this to ServiceDesk ?

Yes i opened a service request. Do you have any experience in which timeframe those tickets are processed?

thomasfx67:
Yes i opened a service request. Do you have any experience in which timeframe those tickets are processed?
Between 1 day and 6 months...or never.

angevoyageur:
Between 1 day and 6 months...or never.
LOL

Candles:
LOL
You have probably the good reaction...but it's not funny unfortunately.

Candles:

I copied your code, for me it prints only ones for indicaor 2.

I confirm the issue doesn't occur on a live chart. So it's only with the Strategy Tester.

thomasfx67:

The problem is, that i will have to redesign a big part of my ea. 

Perhaps i do not see anything you see clear? But why do you think, this should not be a problem? It is not just a performance problem, but filtering out those false ticks (not sure if possible consitent), costs performance again.

Please let us know if you get an answer from ServiceDesk.

Just today I seem to have somewhat related problem. My code works perfectly on live chart and when I debug the code. Problmes arise when I test it on historical data with Strategy Tester. E.g. when debugging my indicator will not enter a certain block of code, but when I run the same date with Strategy Tester it enters this block. I try my luck with the Service Desk.

EDIT:

Nevermind, this was me being negligent.

Reason: