MOLANIS - Help for an old timer!

I'm hoping to get some help! I'm very new to this site and the use of EA's. I've got the Molanis EA builder software - but struggling to understand the Manual. There's very little on Youtube that helps me too. I'm trying to create a very simple Hedging programme. It's probably been tried many times before, in fact there could be a programme ready and waiting to be downloaded???

My idea, is to place very small trades Long and Short on a collection of Currency pairs, simultaneously i.e. GBP/USD, EUR/USD, EUR/GBP, USD/CHF, EUR/CHF. The idea is basic - take the profit on any pair that gains 30 pips and then go Long and Short again on the same pair using the same small stake. Simply repeating the process on all pairs, each time one makes a profit of 30 pips. So no SL is needed and the negative pips accrued wait until price returns in that direction.

If I can get to a stage where I can understand how to build the EA's myself then I will no doubt be more creative with my strategies etc.

Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

Rich286:

I'm hoping to get some help! I'm very new to this site and the use of EA's. I've got the Molanis EA builder software - but struggling to understand the Manual. There's very little on Youtube that helps me too. I'm trying to create a very simple Hedging programme. It's probably been tried many times before, in fact there could be a programme ready and waiting to be downloaded???

My idea, is to place very small trades Long and Short on a collection of Currency pairs, simultaneously i.e. GBP/USD, EUR/USD, EUR/GBP, USD/CHF, EUR/CHF. The idea is basic - take the profit on any pair that gains 30 pips and then go Long and Short again on the same pair using the same small stake. Simply repeating the process on all pairs, each time one makes a profit of 30 pips. So no SL is needed and the negative pips accrued wait until price returns in that direction.

If I can get to a stage where I can understand how to build the EA's myself then I will no doubt be more creative with my strategies etc.

Learn to do it properly using mql4 or ask on the Molanis Forum.

Rich286:

I'm hoping to get some help! I'm very new to this site and the use of EA's. I've got the Molanis EA builder software

You are unlikely to get any help about Molanis on this forum (particularly because the moderators usually regard any mention whatsoever of any third-party product as "advertising").

Rich286:

I may be misunderstanding, but it sounds as though you will simply be paying spread costs over and over again. Your account balance will look great, but account equity will simply gradually decline by the amount of the spread on each trade.

Rich286:

Richard

Is there not a support/forum/contact for this product ? I really don't understand why you are asking for help on this forum.

Anyway if someone can help you there is no problem, but not sure this will happen here.

angevoyageur:

Is there not a support/forum/contact for this product ?

RaptorUK:
Learn to do it properly using mql4 or ask on the Molanis Forum.

RaptorUK:
Yes I know, I don't want to repeat what you said, but mainly to ask to the OP why he was asking here. Just curiosity.

Rich286:

Richard

Hi Rich286

Here is a link https://www.mql5.com/en/code/9610

and her is the code. This EA you have to place on every chart you want to trade, set stop and profit

and see if the idea is good or not.

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| mo_bidir_v0_1.mq4                                                |
//|                                                                  |
//| - Works best in 5M timeframe                                     |
//| - Bug fix to stop_loss in line 22 2010.04.07                     |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
#property copyright "Copyright © 2010 - Monu Ogbe"

#define MAGIC  1234
#define IDENT  "mo_bidir_v0_1"

extern double  lots           = 1;
extern double  stop_loss      = 80;   // (8 pips) optimise 50-2000
extern double  take_profit    = 750;  // (75 pips) optimise 50-2000

int            last_bar       = 0;

int start(){
   if (last_bar == Bars) return(0);
   last_bar = Bars;
   if (OrdersTotal() == 0){
         OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lots ,Ask, 3, Ask - stop_loss * Point, Bid + take_profit * Point, IDENT, MAGIC, 0, Blue);
         OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_SELL, lots ,Bid, 3, Bid + stop_loss * Point, Ask - take_profit * Point, IDENT, MAGIC, 0, Red);
   } 
   return(0);
}

All the best

Reason: