Info about MT4 Candle compilation

Hi i`m curious how the MT4 compiles the raw data into candlesticks.And by that i mean how it merges M1 data and makes H1 from it.What are the logical and programming details about candlestick merging?

Are you talking about how the strategy tester creates pseudo ticks from M1 data?

There is quite a comprehensive article about that here somewhere. Don't know the link though.

Proximus: how it merges M1 data and makes H1 from it.What are the logical and programming details about candlestick merging?

Mt4 doesn't merge M1 data, it gets the H1 from the server. If you have M1 chart open (only,) you are not updating H1 history.

Server basically uses:

if timestamp of tick > H1 start + 3600 make a new bar OHLC=price
else if price > H H=price, if price < L L=price, C=price

Proximus:
Hi i`m curious how the MT4 compiles the raw data into candlesticks.And by that i mean how it merges M1 data and makes H1 from it.What are the logical and programming details about candlestick merging?
Seriously ? there are 60 minutes in 1 hour . . . look at the M1 bars within an hour get the Max high value and the Min low value of these M1 bars, that give you the H1 High and Low, the take the first M1 bar open and the last M1 bar close . . . now you have the H1 Open and Close . . . isn't this obvious ?

RaptorUK:
Seriously ? there are 60 minutes in 1 hour . . . look at the M1 bars within an hour get the Max high value and the Min low value of these M1 bars, that give you the H1 High and Low, the take the first M1 bar open and the last M1 bar close . . . now you have the H1 Open and Close . . . isn't this obvious ?

THANKS much, i had to make sure.

I think the new mt4 will use 1m history data only and create all the rest of the historical timeframes from that.

SDC:

I think the new mt4 will use 1m history data only and create all the rest of the historical timeframes from that.

Are the Brokers going to provide a reasonable range of M1 data ? or just the usual couple of months ?

I believe it will be in 1yr packages

Reason: