EA's seem to work randomly?

Hello I've tried using numerous different ea's and it seems like about 75% of them don't work or work randomly. Right now I am messing with a PSAR ea thats suppose to trade on every new dot in the opposite direction and it will not open positions and when it finally does it will not close the position like it's suppose to do automatically. I have other ea's that are working fine so I know I have my metatrader 4 settings correct. And I also changed the settings of the ea to match that of the PSAR which is step: 0.02 by maximum: 0.2, one night I had two PSAR indicators going and working fine on two different charts but now i can't get them to work again. I don't understand, my broker is FXCM. What am I doing wrong? Please help thanks.

How should we know - no mind readers here?

Is the EA adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers?

or is it assuming one and you're on the other?

or you haven't changed the parameters to adjust?

or the EA is broken?

PSAR is an indicator. indicators don't trade. Putting indicators on a chart is irrelevant.

Yea sorry I was just wondering if anybody has had an issue similar to this but I think I resolved the issue by reinstalling metatrader 4. The exact ea is PSAR trader v2 and yes it is a ea not an indicator.

Just wondering whether EA is OK for newbie traders like me? Per your experienced, is it recommendable? Thanks. Or better if new traders will do the manual trading first? Thanks.

leebelisar:
Just wondering whether EA is OK for newbie traders like me? Per your experienced, is it recommendable? Thanks. Or better if new traders will do the manual trading first? Thanks.
I don't think it really makes a whole lot of difference, people can manual trade for years and still lose their money. You are taking a risk no matter how you trade. If you use a commercial EA you don't know how well it is coded or if it is reliable or even what its trade criteria is but you can do is research it before you buy it, look for other users comments and experiences with it. Contact the devoloper and ask questions if he doesn't reply dont buy it. If he replies and is helpful and other peoples comments are favorable that might be more reason to use it.

SDC:
I don't think it really makes a whole lot of difference, people can manual trade for years and still lose their money. You are taking a risk no matter how you trade. If you use a commercial EA you don't know how well it is coded or if it is reliable or even what its trade criteria is but you can do is research it before you buy it, look for other users comments and experiences with it. Contact the devoloper and ask questions if he doesn't reply dont buy it. If he replies and is helpful and other peoples comments are favorable that might be more reason to use it.

I've read some post that for newbies, like me, it would be better to do manual trading. EA is suggested for experienced traders. Thanks for your feedback anyway. Noted with big thanks.
Reason: