MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 509 - page 9

PCWalker:

Are you answering me?

no

MT4 taking too long to start. Anyone has a solution.

PCWalker:
MT4 taking too long to start. Anyone has a solution.
Use fewer bars, fix your slow/buggy indicators . . .

how come weekly candle closes in sunday night instead of friday??? any help plz

i use mt4 build 509..fxcm mt4

MAG_GOLD:

how come weekly candle closes in sunday night instead of friday??? any help plz

i use mt4 build 509..fxcm mt4

It's related to the time zone of the server time.

RaptorUK:
It's related to the time zone of the server time.

the daily candle is the one which is related to time zone server.. but not the weekly candle as know....

thanks for your help and how can i solve it

MAG_GOLD:

the daily candle is the one which is related to time zone server.. but not the weekly candle as know....

thanks for your help and how can i solve it

And the weekly candle, if the market opens on Monday at 0:00 there are no Sunday candles . . . so the market has closed on Friday as you requested.

How can you solve it ? use a Broker that uses the timezone you want . . .

Hi MT4 admin

New features needed

Ability to add comments for open/pending trades even after trades are open/still pending

Comments have NO effect on current trade and sometimes I forgot to denote my trade and its a HUGE inconvenience to use Excel to record trade id# just to tally results back

Ability to set comments for profiles

Currently MT4 automatically (by default) will use transaction lot size according to last transaction (symbol by default, size by default, deviation by default)

Why not introduce comments by default? This way eg I had 3 trading strategy, I had to remember to denote EACH trade with comments (and currently I cant go back to input/correct my comments even though this WONT affect my trading results whatsoever), This becomes a hassle especially most traders dont have 3/4 MT4 terminals opened on their desktops as most ordinary day traders dont have such powerful PCs.

By allowing me to default the comments, I can saved EACH as a profile, when I switch to another profile, it will then automatically "insert" this defaulted comments on my trade. YES the charts will refresh upon switching of profile, but the switch takes abt 3-5secs. If the charts are not preloaded with TONS of indicators (etc) the performance is very quick.

Eg,

I had abt 12 charts (6 pairs * 2 trading methods)

When an alert is send from a chart with that method's name eg, Trend Arrow is Up on GBPUSD 5m or Bearish Butterfly on USDJPY 5m.

First I confirmed the alert for GBPUSD, then I entered a trade using Profile A, which contains default comment "Trend Arrow"

Then I confirmed the alert for USDJPY, switch to Profile B, which contains default comment "Harmonic". Then I entered this trade.

ALL in 1-2mins.

Ability to automatically calculate SL/TP accordance to EP NOT against current price

Currently MT4 allows me to quickly enter or choose from drop down list to copy the SL/TP using pips value. But MT4 based this SL/TP against current price (to avoid SL/TP being too close to EP). The current function is already checking that if SL/TP is beyond broker's tolerance (eg broker will only accept SL/TP at least 10pips), MT4 will sound an alarm and give appropriate error messages.

This function while neat and easy to use is HUGELY non useable. I wanted SL of 100 pips AGAINST EP, not against current price. MT4 should allow traders to specify via server tab whether sl/tp should be calculated against EP (default current price as per current function). This is a MORE accurate way to calculate my risk. I have already calculated eg 0.06lots @ 100pips = X amt. But if I used MT4 to specify 100 pips and do a copy of SL/TP into the SL/TP box, its actually MORE / LESS than actual number of pips I had pre-calculated and skewed the risk/reward calculation I had anticipated

Ability to set GLOBAL Default Trailing Stops & steps trailing stops

Currently MT4 allows me to set trailing stops for EACH trade. If I could specify a GLOBAL trailing stop at server tab (much like default lot size, etc settings), then ALL my trades will have this trailing feature set on. In addition there should also be a button to enable/disable trailing features much like EA (enable/disable button) on MT4. At the same time, MT4 should allow trader to specify the step trailing, eg, if trailing is set at 50pips, and step is 5 pips, then MT4 should set SL when TP=50pips, and when TP=55pips, it moved sl by 5 pips

Ability to set GLOBAL BREAK EVEN & step Break EVEN

Similar in nature to trailing stop, the break even specify when MT4 should set SL, eg, if BE=30pips, then SL will be moved to EP (which is break even) when TP=30pips. Unlike trailing stop and step trailing stop, step break even DOES NOT moved TP, it only moves SL, but function wise its same. Eg, if BE=30, step=5, then when TP=30pips, SL=EP, when TP=35pips, SL=EP subtract/add step, subtract if sell, add if buy as the trade is now profitable and you want to protect the profits. If you used subtract when buy then its setting more SL as trade moves in your favor, eg, its now 60pips, and its buy, so SL= EP + 30pips (and if trade retrace you would get 30pips)

BOTH trailing, and BE should be via one enable/disable function button (maybe named "Trail", if trader dont want BE, then dont set anything (0 by default). It will be great if there are 2 separate buttons but MT4 will then have a lot of extra buttons. Or within this button there are tabs to enable or disable that function. Currently the EA button enables/disables the EA. For this button (Trail button) there is a second tab for 2 functions, Trailing, BE. Traders can enabled it globally on the outside tab or enabled via the 2nd tab, enable both or disable both or enable Trail, disable BE, etc

RaptorUK:

And the weekly candle, if the market opens on Monday at 0:00 there are no Sunday candles . . . so the market has closed on Friday as you requested.

How can you solve it ? use a Broker that uses the timezone you want . . .

thanks for your quik reply....can mt4 developers consider adding a server time shifting sitting in there new updates?

MAG_GOLD:
thanks for your quik reply....can mt4 developers consider adding a server time shifting sitting in there new updates?
I don't know, why don't you ask ? Contact the Service Desk
Reason: