Opinions: send the customer source code or not?

Greetings everyone,

I'm currently facing a dillema. A customer wanted to get a source code file (mq4) for an EA he asked me to do.

I agreed to do the EA for no fee, as I was only interested in honing my skills and getting some fresh ideas, none of which has changed in my mind, however I had no intention of sending the customer the source code as well. We had no agreement on the source code at the beginning of cooperation.

So, the question is a simple one: how do you regard your source code and your customers? Do you send it as well? Do you make agreement about it beforehand so such situations do not arise?

Opinions that I have heard from my friends programmers are for example to never part with their code. All their agrements are for end programs only and/or their maintenance. I was told that if a customer wanted his source code, the price should be skyhigh. Is it the same here with you, mql4 community?

Thanks in advance o/

FC

The key to competitiveness is over delivery, especially for the entrepreneur. What do you lose by giving the customer the source code? What do you gain?

FC

> if a customer wanted his source code

Then an agreement (and fee) would cover that, beforehand

> I agreed to do the EA for no fee

As there was no agreement to supply source code - I don't see any obligation
If the strategy was original and amazingly good (both very unlikely), you might feel more generous - but not unless..

FWIW

-BB-

Thanks very much for answers :)
Reason: