Reducing journal load

I have been testing a fairly intensive EA on a live micro account and the recent volatility has been putting the EA through it's paces. It stacks orders and on stong moves can accumulate a large number of open positions each of which then has a stop loss trailed. This is resulting in a high volume of order modifications being sent which is clogging up both mine and the brokers journal. Sufficient so for my broker to phone me and raise it as an issue. Obviously I can reduce the load by adjusting the step to trail the stop thereby reducing the number of order modifications, but this is at the detrement to profitability. The broker has said that their journal is capped to 30,000 entries per day and if they had lots of clients like me it would mean that in the event of a query from A.N.Other client, they couldn't access all trades for the day.

It's probably a silly question, but I thought I would ask if there was any other way around reducing journal load. I can review my code to reduce the number of instructions sent but I fear damaging the profitability. I could review my choice of broker but he has suggested this would be a platform wide issue and that no brokers could take my action because of the MQ enforced cap issue.

I am left wondering how some of the major brokers cope with scalpers if the system itself can only cope with 30k order actions a day. Surely they must be getting near to 30k clients never mind 30k order actions.

Any ideas?

V

You can use a virtual TSL (SL at client-side) with smaller steps in conjunction with a normal TSL (SL at server-side) with much larger steps. This would give u a good balance between reliability and achieving your goal.

That's a good idea...thanks... time to hit the code again!

V

Reason: