Who is the Best MT4 Broker for testing?

Who is the Best MT4 Broker for testing? Who has the best data and MT4 installation for testing EAs?

I'm fond of FXDD, but they are only a 2/4 decimal broker, and they offer their M1 data for free download going back to 2004 (or 2006? can't remember precisely). My second choice would be MIG bank.

eliteeservices:
Who is the Best MT4 Broker for testing? Who has the best data and MT4 installation for testing EAs?
There's no 'best'... It's preferable to test with data from your own broker or a 'similar' broker. As for installations - there are no major differences. Each broker puts his own logo, his own server files and names the Terminal differently, but it's basically the same. You can take one broker's *.srv files (they reside in '\mt4\config\' folder) and put it in another broker's mt4 installation (in same folder) and log onto either of them.

eliteeservices:

None of them!

(8 >) . Sorry, it was just to good of an opportunity to pass up on! . (< 8)

I use FXDD as well for both live trading and back & forward testing.

I also test with ForEx.Com/UK

gordon wrote >>
There's no 'best'... It's preferable to test with data from your own broker or a 'similar' broker. As for installations - there are no major differences. Each broker puts his own logo, his own server files and names the Terminal differently, but it's basically the same. You can take one broker's *.srv files (they reside in '\mt4\config\' folder) and put it in another broker's mt4 installation (in same folder) and log onto either of them.

Hi everybody,

Do you know a broker which authorizes expert advisors with stop loss and take profits with demo account ? ALPARI and WHC doesn't work when an ea has sl and tp.

Thanks.

Joe

joebaatan:

Do you know a broker which authorizes expert advisors with stop loss and take profits with demo account ? ALPARI and WHC doesn't work when an ea has sl and tp.

Just change the EA so as it opens a trade with no SL/TP and adds them later using OrderModify().

If u wanna search for brokers -> http://www.100forexbrokers.com/mt4forexbrokers.

Lot of great comments - didn't answer my question. I'm wondering if there is any MT4 broker that offers extensive data. CFH? Or to rephrase, are there any serious MT4 brokers when it comes to automated trading. I can't comment on brokers for legal and compliance reasons, we are working with several major brokers who are ok for live trading but some of their MT4 symbols have little or no back-data. Is FXDD it? Anyone want to help test a bunch of EAs ?

eliteeservices:
Lot of great comments - didn't answer my question. I'm wondering if there is any MT4 broker that offers extensive data. CFH? Or to rephrase, are there any serious MT4 brokers when it comes to automated trading. I can't comment on brokers for legal and compliance reasons, we are working with several major brokers who are ok for live trading but some of their MT4 symbols have little or no back-data. Is FXDD it? Anyone want to help test a bunch of EAs ?

AFAIK, the majority (and perhaps all) of MT4 brokers who are pure MT4 brokers (that don't have other platforms and do not use bridges) do not offer extensive data. This does not mean that they are not "serious MT4 brokers when it comes to automated trading" - there are quite a few of those, but even they don't offer extensive data.

Here's my own opinion/explanation of why they don't offer it:

1. The platform enables easy one-click download of extensive data directly from MetaQuotes (the majority of users don't notice that it's not the broker's data and/or don't see this as an issue).
  2. The MT4 server probably does not support M1 history data retrieval/archiving for more than the past 2-3 months. I don't know this for a fact, but I have never seen a MT4 broker that has more than the past 2-3 months of M1 data (at the most) accessible via the Terminal (accessible either by back-scrolling the M1 chart or double-clicking the M1 time-frame in a selected symbol in the history center). If anybody knows differently - then please correct me!
  3. Regarding tick data - the platform (both server and client) are not designed for it. I have seen some official comments from moderators that this has to do with bandwidth and server load considerations... Whatever the reason, it seems that it won't be supported by MT5 either.
  4. The majority of the broker's clients simply do not need or ask for it...

The conspiracy lovers will claim that they don't offer it cause it gives a competitive edge to the traders; I doubt this. I think it's simply because they work with a platform that does not offer them the tools to easily (and cheaply) give the clients their own data and on the other hand gives the clients the ability to download the data directly from MQ... It's simply not worth it to find solutions for data archiving and delivery to the minority of clients who really want it (let's not forget that they are a business...).

MT4 brokers that also offer other platforms (and non-MT4 brokers) sometimes do offer data. Here's a few good links by phillip - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/118275. Google for more.

gordon:....
  1. ......
  2. The MT4 server probably does not support M1 history data retrieval/archiving for more than the past 2-3 months. I don't know this for a fact, but I have never seen a MT4 broker that has more than the past 2-3 months of M1 data (at the most) accessible via the Terminal (accessible either by back-scrolling the M1 chart or double-clicking the M1 time-frame in a selected symbol in the history center). If anybody knows differently - then please correct me!
  3. Regarding tick data - the platform (both server and client) are not designed for it. I have seen some official comments from moderators that this has to do with bandwidth and server load considerations... Whatever the reason, it seems that it won't be supported by MT5 either.
  4. .........

Gordon, I read that MT5 will collect only M1 data and build other TFs based on it. This is a major improvement IMHO. How different do you think this M1 historical data in terms of availability across brokers? Thanks.

I think it depends on your strategy and what you want from your broker. It's a little too generic to give an opinion.

Benj77:
I think it depends on your strategy and what you want from your broker. It's a little too generic to give an opinion.
This topic is more than 4 years old.
Reason: