New .NET based Meta Trader 4 Integrated Platform

A new Meta Trader 4 integrated open source forex platform is available here:

www.openforexplatform.com

The platform is capable of integrating with any MT4 allowing you to export data out of it as well as place orders etc.

It is developed with C# .NET Visual Studio 2008, making it easily compatible and extensible with all the .NET (30+) languages.

Here is a short list of the features of the current version:

+ Back testing to historical data

+ Historical data part of the distribution package

+ Integrated diagnostics capabilities

+ Chart control optimizations (it can now easily handle 500,000 items)

+ Chart control custom objects (horizontal, vertical lines, fibonacci lines etc.)

+ Meta Trader 4 integration wizard (integrate with MT4 with 2 clicks)

+ Order management

The platform allows the development of automated trading experts in any of the .NET languages.

This project has started just a few months ago, however we are looking into extending it allot in the next year. So if you are interested in its development and further advance please state so here, or on our web site. We do welcome any help available.

Open Forex Platform Screenshot

Thank you Peer2k,

I can't wait to explore your new platform! This open source project is a great contribution you have provided to the community.

-wolfe

Thanks wolfe.

For anybody interested this is a list of the new features to current version:

+ Chart control custom objects (horizontal, vertical lines, fibonacci lines etc.)

+ Order management

peer2k:

Thanks wolfe.

For anybody interested this is a list of the new features to current version:

+ Order management

WOW.

I've opened the source code.. and... what a huge project.

you are brave man !

i would like to know if using you API i could construct a Datafeed for mt4, with data from another markets, not only from the default broker's symbols and data.

thank you very much.

Looks real interesting, but I have VS2005, and it won't open the VS2008 project.

Excellent Work !!!!! Thanks!

phy,

you could look for 2008 to 2005 converter in internet - I know there is one. The next version of the platform will come with a 2005 version as well (time was short in the current one) and this will be in approx. 2-3 weeks time tops, so do please stick around.

silviosantos,

data feeds to MT4 are only done by the MT4 Server; our API is capable of performing all operations that a MT4 Expert can do, unfortunately importing trading data into MT4 is not one of them.

There are however some possible solutions for this, but since they include usage of royalty software, they involve some software costs.

Hello peer2k and all

Thanks for your program!

But when I start it I get the following message box.

Microsoft Framework 2.0 is installed

Trading has taught me patience...

But it hasn't taught me C#...

I will wait and hope for a 2005 project version to peruse.

Thank You.

Dada,

The platform requires .NET Framework 3.0 or above (3.5 recommended). It is a miss on our side that we have not mentioned this on the web site, this has now been fixed.

phy, if you know your way in MQL you will find C# is rather similar. The syntax is very much the same.

Well, I have yet to do anything useful from scratch with VS.

I programmed for Mac long long ago.

I haven't made sense of MSFT way of doing things yet.

Reason: