To have the ability to import your own data in MT5 is it important for you ? - page 5

angevoyageur: Why not open a topic about this ? If some good developers are interested, we can start such a project.
Good Idea, I'll think about the best approach.

Ubzen:
Good Idea, I'll think about the best approach.
I already started and have almost finished a project for exporting history data and now i'm working/experimenting on the modification of that data and the creation of custom HCC files. I did mention this in a similar topic but received a ban warning for advertising? I don't know how to help you about this if i can't even talk about it.

TripleHeinz:
I already started and have almost finished a project for exporting history data and now i'm working/experimenting on the modification of that data and the creation of custom HCC files. I did mention this in a similar topic but received a ban warning for advertising? I don't know how to help you about this if i can't even talk about it.
You can talk about this, but not to advertise for a commercial project (I don't know if it is the case). If you want to share your discoveries about the format hcc, I am sure it will be greatly appreciated here.

angevoyageur:
You can talk about this, but not to advertise for a commercial project (I don't know if it is the case). If you want to share your discoveries about the format hcc, I am sure it will be greatly appreciated here.

Hi, thanks for clearing this out.

Yes, i'm working on a royalty free "HCC API", not sure if i'm allowed to post a link. I have a development page for the moment, i'm working on the official web page anyway, still no download available.

I did a few experiments with the format and all read operations (read and export data) work 100% right. Write operations are a lot more complex but i'm pretty sure i can make them work somehow. Data modification can be achieved but data injection might require more testing, i can not guarantee terminal stability on the last one.

Even if we manage to read-modify-create our own HCC files, how we put them in MT5 terminal is totally unorthodox. We'd have to backup and delete previous history, then place our own HCC file and finally let the terminal compute/generate other timeframes cache (.hc files) using our custom data.

I really wish MQ to release the HCC specs or at least have all these features built in the terminal or a new application.

TripleHeinz:

Hi, thanks for clearing this out.

Yes, i'm working on a royalty free "HCC API", not sure if i'm allowed to post a link. I have a development page for the moment, i'm working on the official web page anyway, still no download available.

I did a few experiments with the format and all read operations (read and export data) work 100% right. Write operations are a lot more complex but i'm pretty sure i can make them work somehow. Data modification can be achieved but data injection might require more testing, i can not guarantee terminal stability on the last one.

Even if we manage to read-modify-create our own HCC files, how we put them in MT5 terminal is totally unorthodox. We'd have to backup and delete previous history, then place our own HCC file and finally let the terminal compute/generate other timeframes cache (.hc files) using our custom data.

I really wish MQ to release the HCC specs or at least have all these features built in the terminal or a new application.

Thanks for your clarification. It is better to not post a link. From Terms of Use

4.3. The User shall not post or transmit through the website www.mql5.com any commercial, advertising or promotional materials for goods or services without prior written consent of MQL5 Ltd.

I also suggest you to read this.
MetaQuotes Warns Brokers About Illegal Plugins
MetaQuotes Warns Brokers About Illegal Plugins
  • Ron Finberg
  • www.financemagnates.com
This week we saw the ‘writing on the wall’ in our comments when a MetaQuotes representative expressed that a third party technology provider that we had written about violated the MetaTader license...

TripleHeinz: I already started and have almost finished a project for exporting history data and now i'm working/experimenting on the modification of that data and the creation of custom HCC files. I did mention this in a similar topic but received a ban warning for advertising? I don't know how to help you about this if i can't even talk about it.

Yeah, I agree, its difficult talking about such topics without giving external links. I just read a blog stating "According to MetaQuotes, the option to edit history and view history like in MT4 will be added later". Hopefully it'll happen soon ;). This ability will solve 50% of the requests here. However, people looking for real-tick or market-info support would still be out-of luck.

Til then, someone figuring out the format of the .hcc file might be the simplest solution. Simple compared to re-creating the strategy tester. I'll do some research on both solutions and post in the future.

Ubzen:

Yeah, I agree, its difficult talking about such topics without giving external links. I just read a blog stating "According to MetaQuotes, the option to edit history and view history like in MT4 will be added later". Hopefully it'll happen soon ;). This ability will solve 50% of the requests here. However, people looking for real-tick or market-info support would still be out-of luck.

Til then, someone figuring out the format of the .hcc file might be the simplest solution. Simple compared to re-creating the strategy tester. I'll do some research on both solutions and post in the future.

You can post external links. But not to advertise.
Let me google that for you
Let me google that for you
  • bit.ly
Let Me Google That For You

angevoyageur:
I also suggest you to read this.

That link is totally informative for hardcore developers and brokers. Make sure you also read the comments in the wall as mentioned in the article.

If DDE solutions for MT5 exists in the MQL Code Base as MFC applications (internal link, free source, non-commercial, not mine ;) ) then my project is safe because it does the same things by not that different but alternative ways. In fact, i could upload it to the code base once it is 100% finished.

So, i'll finish the initial release of my project wich is read only and later i'll see if i can add write functionality in the next release. I'd like to post here progress on the write experiments.

TradeTools FX Launches Binary Options on MT4
TradeTools FX Launches Binary Options on MT4
  • Ron Finberg
  • forexmagnates.com
Chicago based forex industry technology provider TradeTools FX announced that they have launched FX LITE MT4 Binary Option plugin. The plugin allows MT4 brokers to provide clients binary options trading directly from the Metatrader platform. The plugin connects with TradeTools FX Lite Binary Options trading platform. The announcement adds to...

TripleHeinz:

That link is totally informative for hardcore developers and brokers. Make sure you also read the comments in the wall as mentioned in the article.

If DDE solutions for MT5 exists in the MQL Code Base as MFC applications (internal link, free source, non-commercial, not mine ;) ) then my project is safe because it does the same things by not that different but alternative ways. In fact, i could upload it to the code base once it is 100% finished.

So, i'll finish the initial release of my project wich is read only and later i'll see if i can add write functionality in the next release. I'd like to post here progress on the write experiments.

I ask nothing better, as I do not know exactly your work, I just wanted to inform you.

I suggest to all those who are interested in the quality of ST MT5 reading this (use Google translate for example).

Quote of the CEO of Metaquotes, Renat Fatkhullin :

Modeling prices in MetaTrader 5 is very, very close to the ideal. Recommend itself in practice to compare real tick stories and modeled in order to understand the quality of the simulation. Enough to collect ticks script graph in Excel and compare.

Reason: