Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service - page 106

novi:

hi buddies,

could you inform what does it mean by Sharpe Ratio, Max deposit load, recovery factor, expected Payoff in this link:

[link to the signal was deleted by moderator]

Tips for Selecting a Trading Signal to Subscribe. Step-By-Step Guide - the article 

Automatic Selection of Promising Signals - the article 

The Easy Way to Evaluate a Signal: Trading Activity, Drawdown/Load and MFE/MAE Distribution Charts - the article

Hi buddy, I am continuously watching that my account trade history does not match with my signal provider's trade history. I read in a signal related article in this website that all signal providers are bound to update their trade history. So i wish to know whether MQL5 still adheres to the priciple that signal providers have to update their entire trade history. Also are the providers bound to only update the closed positions. Also I am not sure how the statistics, risks data are calculated for each signal. Does it based on all trades in the account or just based on the trades that the subscribers show in their trade history. In the 2nd case, the signal statistics and data provided in MQL5 website for each signal are not reliable.

I want to copy a signal provider but the following problem happens:

1. It doesn't appear on my Mt4 Signal's tab. And yes, My MT4 is connected to MQL5.com with my user.

2. If I try to copy it from MQL5.com a different MT4 platform is automatically opened, not the one I want.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you.

novi:
Hi buddy, I am continuously watching that my account trade history does not match with my signal provider's trade history. I read in a signal related article in this website that all signal providers are bound to update their trade history. So i wish to know whether MQL5 still adheres to the priciple that signal providers have to update their entire trade history. Also are the providers bound to only update the closed positions. Also I am not sure how the statistics, risks data are calculated for each signal. Does it based on all trades in the account or just based on the trades that the subscribers show in their trade history. In the 2nd case, the signal statistics and data provided in MQL5 website for each signal are not reliable.

Signal's data, trading history and statistics are based on signal provider's account.

landmeister:

I want to copy a signal provider but the following problem happens:

1. It doesn't appear on my Mt4 Signal's tab. And yes, My MT4 is connected to MQL5.com with my user.

2. If I try to copy it from MQL5.com a different MT4 platform is automatically opened, not the one I want.

Could someone please help me?

Thank you.

Search for it on the upper right corner of MT4/5 terminal (search area) and follow these instructions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Eleni Anna Branou:

Search for it on the upper right corner of MT4/5 terminal (search area) and follow these instructions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/189731

Great! Thank you.

novi:

as a newbie, i do not understand one thing - this signal has very high profit factor. But how come the same signal also has extreme drawdown so much so that it is no more available for subscription?

Ask the signal provider and stop promoting/advertising signals in the forum, its not allowed.

novi:
Hi buddy, I so far have seen a few cases where a signal has very high profit factor but still these signals are not available for subscription due to major drawdown. Could you mention why PF is so high even when drawdown is so immense that the signal is no more available for subscription? Is it just because the provider withdrew major chunk of money from the account?

Reply from admin:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Signals Service FAQ

Rashid Umarov , 2017.05.04 17:53

You should understand that Signals with such a huge growth do not live long. Therefore, such growths are ignored to protect potential subscribers.

about drawdown - reply from admin:

Signals Service FAQ

Rashid Umarov , 2015.05.27 12:42

The subscription is prohibited if the current drawdown exceeds 30%.

----------------

More - 

Signals Service FAQ

Rashid Umarov , 2018.10.03 07:47

You say that, as if averaging is not evil, but good. This indicator (for what period of life of the account in percents 80% Growth was achieved) was introduced to clearly show the accounts on which the acceleration tactics are used. A potential subscriber should understand that he has an account that was dispersed in a few days (and perhaps it was one only lucky account of 10-30 accounts) in order to post it later and show a beautiful chart.

A side effect was that it also detects accounts well with averaging tactics that ruined so many deposits. So this warning fulfills its role.

----------------

Eleni Anna Branou:

Ask the signal provider and stop promoting/advertising signals in the forum, its not allowed.

Hi Eleni, the signal provider doesn't answer - so i am getting back to here. You can answer in a general perspective about the possible reasons. then i will find out by visiting the specific signal data what is happening there

Reason: