What can be done to make a very highly unprofitable EA Profitable?

• 51% (81)
  • 49% (79)
Total voters: 160

Please, i want EA coders and all who understands how EA works to vote here as your answers will help me and others to decide what to do next with my unprofitable EA. If you have other Idea kindly specify it in your comment.

Thanks

it deppends, if the EA opens too many trades for example, it may still be unprofitable even if you reverse the logic, due to the cost of the spread/comissions. 

Have you seen this article - How to Make a Trading Robot in No Time?

If the strategy of an EA is reverse does it means that: BUY=SELL and SELL=BUY?

Please, i need your advice.

oyebimpe:

If the strategy of an EA is reverse does it means that: BUY=SELL and SELL=BUY?

Please, i need your advice.

I think you get it.

Rosh:

Have you seen this article - How to Make a Trading Robot in No Time?
Thanks a lot, i really gain from t article

Its simply by reversing  the whole trade strategy itself.

This topic is very helpful. Thanks  lot

Hi,

I think a good start it could be to try to understand why it is not working.

To start with you can look if your EA is to try to look if you can see any rationality about the good trades your EA does and the bad ones.

Secondly usually it is not all about a good signal but overall a good money management technique. It is said profitable traders use to have much lower hit ratio than 50pc. However you have to have a Risk/Reward ratio.

I don-t know if it can help. But it is difficult without seeing your EA.

Good luck,

Jordi 

jordiqqq:

Hi,

I think a good start it could be to try to understand why it is not working. profitable

To start with you can look if your EA is to try to look if you can see any rationality about the good trades your EA does and the bad ones. and, maybe the EA is not rational at all ;).

Secondly usually it is not all about a good signal but overall a good money management technique. It is said profitable traders use to have much lower hit ratio than 50pc. However you have to have a Risk/Reward ratio. A good Risk Reward Ratio is a must, but some time traders are not rational at all, and therefore traders risks too much. Says who that EA does not have emotion ?

I don-t know if it can help. But it is difficult without seeing your EA. It help, but most people does not want to read and accept this kind of advice. They ask for help, they get a good help, and yet they reject it . 

Good luck,

Jordi 

And good luck to you too.

I think - simple reversing the orders inside the code of the EA - it will not help.
I am sorry - but it is not.

Revise/improve the original/initial trade strategy only - it is the only way.

This is old story with this question, and it was discussed on many forums during the long time.

Reversing the orders (inside the code) can not help in any situation.

Reason: