Which EA is the best

Dear Traders,

I want to as which forex MT4 or MT5 EA do you think is the best and it is more profitable.

A proof to your answer would be of more great help to anybody who come across this topic

To remind you there's no guarantee that the EA mention here or in the web always making money. There could be some losses and all the profit is gone. So what profitable today can be loser next day.

Just mention the name of EA and the reason why, no external link especially to commercial EA.

We will delete this topic if we found this become some advertising / commercial venue for some EA. 

And please always follows the rules https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register 

It depends on what you mean by 'best'

Most profitable?    ====> Probable some kind of martingale strategy, grid system, or combination of both. And, of course, over-leveraged

Less risky?    ====> The ones less risky will trade fewer, get few earnings...

It depends in your risk-appetite. Trying to get free info of what EA is best in this forum seem nonsense. There are a lot of sites to get that info! (always crap, by the way).

Corolary: get your own EAs, study them, optimize them, and decide by yourself. 

yokinfx:

It depends on what you mean by 'best'

Most profitable?    ====> Probable some kind of martingale strategy, grid system, or combination of both. And, of course, over-leveraged

Less risky?    ====> The ones less risky will trade fewer, get few earnings...

It depends in your risk-appetite. Trying to get free info of what EA is best in this forum seem nonsense. There are a lot of sites to get that info! (always crap, by the way).

Corolary: get your own EAs, study them, optimize them, and decide by yourself. 

"

Less risky? ====> The ones less risky will trade fewer, get few earnings...

" 

not allways, even if you open few positions if you play big it could be much more riskier than a strategy that trades a lot with smaller size position its relative. 

I don't think there is any good fx robot. You just need to have your own trade pan and strategies to code ito a robot. That is the best advise i can give you.

There's no perfect EA in the first place, at least no one has invented one and made news from it. But i do believe that a successful EA relies on the money/risk management and the sinergy it has with the signaling module. I think a controled martingale is a basic but decent aproach. Risking a certain % of your margin also scales good. If the signaling module is good enough by itself then fixed lot size could also work but time has proven that all good signals fall in the later, together with your margin. To find an EA with a very good signaling module is hard, backtesting in different past years with profit in each one could prove a signal module worthy.

If you're asking to name an existing successful EA that's also downloable then that's even harder, the most still successful ones are private, the public ones work for a certain period of time before the market saturates with the same strategy but then they are used by developers to invent evolved ones. That's why it is important to stay tuned in the ATC because lots of EAs are there for trials and if they pass with good results, most of them go private and become personal investment strategies. You can tell how an EA works in the ATC by studing its history of deals and orders, if you find one that's of your interest then you can now follow and study it in the terminal by using the signals service. You can get development ideas from that.

The best EA is the one developed by you.

That's what i think anyways. Thanks for reading.

Automated Trading Championship 2012
  • championship.mql5.com
Automated Trading Championship 2012

Thanks very much  TripleHeinz

gbemitte:

Dear Traders,

I want to as which forex MT4 or MT5 EA do you think is the best and it is more profitable.

A proof to your answer would be of more great help to anybody who come across this topic

Hmmmm....

Perhaps try searching the mql4 and mql5 sites for traders that have posted consistently good results and studying their strategies ?

Personally, (and I hope this does not upset anyone) I don't like using a bunch of over-optimised indicators, especially not oscillators. I think that the simple moving average can return sufficient information on the relationship between the current price, and it's deviation from where it was previously. This could be the highs, lows, closes or the (High+Low)/2. You can build a very good Ea from simply using this information, but it has to be for a specific purpose. 

And as you will know already... "Best" is a personal opinion based on your own risk profile, and the returns you expect to achieve annually. I think this interview with Dimitar Manov makes good reading. 

https://championship.mql5.com/2010/en/news/49?source=terminal19.11.10

I think Dimitar's approach to averaging is the "best" I have seen, and his comments re-enforce my own views. However, I also believe that it is possible for an EA to be designed for a specific purpose, to capitalise on a consistently recurring event (or long term characteristics) of the the price action of a particular financial instrument, and not attempting to do the opposite (which is to design an EA based on some ridiculous idea, and re-optimizing (for net profit) on any financial instrument until a good fit is achieved). I think most EA's are built using the latter method, and this approach sends designers back to the 'drawing-board' for years and years and years... 

Dimitar Manov (Manov): "I fear only extraordinary situations in the Championship" - Automated Trading Championship 2010
  • championship.mql5.com
In the recent review by Boric Odintsov the Expert Advisor of the Bulgarian Participant Dimitar Manov appeared among the most stable and reliable EAs. We decided to interview this developer and try to find the secret of his success. In this interview Dimitar has told us what situation would be unfavorable for his robot, why he's not using indicators and whether he is expecting to win the competition.
Reason: