Discussion of article "Speed Up Calculations with the MQL5 Cloud Network" - page 2

CeleronS:

I finally built my 24 cores system so cloud can get crunching.

CPU: 4X Opty 8439 SE
MB: Supermicro H8QME-2+
RAM: 16GB DDR2 ECC
GPU: Palit GTX580 3GB

Case: CM Stacker 810

Anyways so far I have seen 9 agents working, I can't wait for some massive optimisation job.

Update: Just got 16 in use. See attachment!

Interesting. But it is a shame to use DDR2. And 16GB RAM isn't enough for such a beast

Well it's old hardware, but I must say DDR2 is underated, it doesn't keep me from playing any game what I want. I still can't believe that this system has 2x i7 4770 (hasswell) computing power. :O

As for a capacity for strategy tester, I saw 5.4GB max of all 24 agents combined. For gaming 16GB is still enough.  

Anyways, hoping to see 100% utilization from cloud some day. :)_

Cores are fust enough to sustain 110PR. 

CeleronS:

Well it's old hardware, but I must say DDR2 is underated, it doesn't keep me from playing any game what I want. I still can't believe that this system has 2x i7 4770 (hasswell) computing power. :O

As for a capacity for strategy tester, I saw 5.4GB max of all 24 agents combined. For gaming 16GB is still enough.  

Anyways, hoping to see 100% utilization from cloud some day. :)_

Cores are fust enough to sustain 110PR. 

Ah ok, I see. Let us know how it works.

Kindly, can I put MetaTester under a proxy ? Can I make some settings for network to use ? Is it possible to put my PC in the cloud and Run agents without network connection ?

Janis Smits:

I finally built my 24 cores system so cloud can get crunching.

CPU: 4X Opty 8439 SE
MB: Supermicro H8QME-2+
RAM: 16GB DDR2 ECC
GPU: Palit GTX580 3GB

Case: CM Stacker 810

Anyways so far I have seen 9 agents working, I can't wait for some massive optimisation job.

Update: Just got 16 in use. See attachment!

Janis, judging by the pics, I think you need more fans. :P

I have a question in regards to this, as a new member to MQL5 community.  I installed the strategy tester agents manager and, I believe, set it up so that my computer's 2 cores are available on the system for use.  My question is, past identifying my MQL5 account in the appropriate spot, and having the "Sell computing resources ..." box checked, is there anything else I need to do to make them available, or is it all automatic from this side of things now?  Because, to be honest, the articles and information I have read only seem to be clear on the side of if you need to make use of them.  The same clarity is not there for the "seller" (for lack of a better term) or provider side.
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
Distributed Computing in the MQL5 Cloud Network
  • cloud.mql5.com
Connect to the MQL5 Cloud Network (Cloud Computing) and earn extra income around the clock — there is much work for you computer!

JD4:
I have a question in regards to this, as a new member to MQL5 community.  I installed the strategy tester agents manager and, I believe, set it up so that my computer's 2 cores are available on the system for use.  My question is, past identifying my MQL5 account in the appropriate spot, and having the "Sell computing resources ..." box checked, is there anything else I need to do to make them available, or is it all automatic from this side of things now?  Because, to be honest, the articles and information I have read only seem to be clear on the side of if you need to make use of them.  The same clarity is not there for the "seller" (for lack of a better term) or provider side.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/13542#cloud

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud
  • www.mql5.com
How ticks are generated : The Algorithm of Ticks’ Generation. - - Category: general

Alain Verleyen:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/13542#cloud

TY Alain.  Opened the post, bookmarked it, and reading some now, bookmarked so I can read the rest later.

Daniel Lewis:

Is there any mention that you need to pay for this service?

The MQL Cloud Network web page (https://cloud.mql5.com/) advertises earning extra $$$ letting others use your CPU for optimizations.  Why is there no mention that if you use the Cloud Network for optimization that you must pay?  If you don't pay, who is paying the people who put their CPU's on the network yet don't run any optimizations?

no there isnt... i just got scammed of 20usd.. ran a few calculations after reading the article because it mentioned NOTHING about paying.. next thing i know ive been charged 20usd!!!

i dont understand why we are being charged.. we are all contributing our processors so it should be free!

no doubt mql5 are taking 90% of the payments for themselves for doing NOTHING!

what a scam, charged for using our own computers collectively.

i used to think mql5 was innovative and a COMMUNITY. Nope, just more capitalist bs

lol, same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago, Now I am looking for other options, like 3rd party cloud computing service, can you use that for the strategy tester? or buying my own server, is there anyone who can help get me started on that?
Reason: