Discussion of article "Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard"

New article Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard is published:

The knowledge of programming languages is no longer a prerequisite for creating trading robots. Earlier lack of programming skills was an impassable obstacle to the implementation of one's own trading strategies, but with the emergence of the MQL5 Wizard, the situation radically changed. Novice traders can stop worrying because of the lack of programming experience - with the new Wizard, which allows you to generate Expert Advisor code, it is not necessary.
Author: MetaQuotes

the shortest article never seen !!! welcome to the pavlov syndrom.

Hey, Bulat,

Very good stuff you tell us, programming like this, in modules, is fine to me because at this moment

I`am learning MT5 stuff so it`s takes a while to code. Now within three minutes Iam into the game!

thank Rob. 

The article is a very significant instruction on the way how to develop more advanced experts with ease.

However, I'm having trouble replacing built-in signalindicators with my custom indicator.

The generator recognizes my indicator but the expert refuses to work.

Is there an article/post on how to do it properly?

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.

Does this even work ? I have tried several tutorials for MQL5 Wizards and none of them places any trades in strategy tester ?

Very helpful, is there a way or a system that can convert an MT5 EA into an MT4 EA ?

How does one add/create an MT5 mqh file of let say SignalIchimoku or any indicator and place it in include\expert\signal ?

gizbar_g #:

The article is a very significant instruction on the way how to develop more advanced experts with ease.

However, I'm having trouble replacing built-in signalindicators with my custom indicator.

The generator recognizes my indicator but the expert refuses to work.

Is there an article/post on how to do it properly?

I know that my answer is a little bit late, but for new people:

in order to be able to use your own custom indicator inside signal modules, your indicator should extend CIndicator class.

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Indicators / Base classes / CIndicator
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Library / Indicators / Base classes / CIndicator
  • www.mql5.com
CIndicator - Base classes - Indicators - Standard Library - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

I have an issue with my developed ea I need help on it. No errors. Runs on testing but trade was not placing. Please helping hand
Reason: