arrows in object list

I cleared out all the entries in my object list and then ran my EA which is a modification of the 'sample macd' EA.  I ran it for a limited time span of just a couple days, but I got arrows indicating trades outside of the range I ran on the EA.  What am I doing wrong?

jshumaker:
I cleared out all the entries in my object list and then ran my EA which is a modification of the 'sample macd' EA.  I ran it for a limited time span of just a couple days, but I got arrows indicating trades outside of the range I ran on the EA.  What am I doing wrong?
is it same question which you asked on the other your thread? https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/10743 if yes so it was answered.
chart opened after testing EA
chart opened after testing EA
  • www.mql5.com
chart opened after testing EA.

jshumaker:
What do you mean by " I got arrows indicating trades outside of the range I ran on the EA", what the use of arrow in your EA and what range you're talking about ?.

The template that I saved as default.tpl only has MACD & Bollinger Bands in the indicator list and the object list is blank.  When I run my EA for a single day for testing purposes, I have green & red arrows through the entire chart time frame indicating trades which are then also listed in object list.  How are these items getting added to the object list?
Bollinger Bands ®
Bollinger Bands ®
  • votes: 14
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The Bollinger Bands ® Indicator (BB) is similar to Envelopes. The only difference is that the bands of Envelopes are plotted a fixed distance (%) away from the moving average, while the Bollinger Bands are plotted a certain number of standard deviations away from it.

jshumaker:
The template that I saved as default.tpl only has MACD & Bollinger Bands in the indicator list and the object list is blank.  When I run my EA for a single day for testing purposes, I have green & red arrows through the entire chart time frame indicating trades which are then also listed in object list.  How are these items getting added to the object list?

Are you running this EA on MT4 or MT5 ?

If it is MT$ then ask the question in MQL4 forum

MQL4: automated trading forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL4: automated trading forum

phi.nuts:

Are you running this EA on MT4 or MT5 ?

If it is MT$ then ask the question in MQL4 forum

MT5

jshumaker:
MT5

MT% -- what a LOL @ me ;D

I was still using MT5 build 756, but I guess you running MT5 build 770 in which according to announcement in here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/53/page14#comment_432734, that said in # 2, "Terminal: Added automatic display of trading transactions on charts:", see the picture over there, is that what happen to your MT5 ?. If it is, then it's OK, coz those arrows are automatically added to show when and at what price the deals were executes.

To remove those arrow, open MT5 option window (Ctrl + O), on trade tab, deselect "Show realtime history of deals on chart". 

List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds
List of changes in MetaTrader 5 Client Terminal builds
  • www.mql5.com
See the "MQL5 Reference / Standard constants, enumerations and structures / Named constants / Other constants " section.

phi.nuts:

MT% -- what a LOL @ me ;D

" LOL " =?

TIMisthebest:
" LOL " =?

LOL = laughing Out Loud (click here), that's because I wanted to type MT5 but instead I typed MT%

also see List of emoticons 

LOL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • en.wikipedia.org
LOL, an acronym for laughing out loud12 or laugh out loud,3 is a common element of Internet slang. It was used historically on Usenet but is now widespread in other forms of computer-mediated communication, and even face-to-face communication. It is one of many initialisms for expressing bodily reactions, in particular laughter, as text...
Reason: