Open Positions v2 ( updated - see below)
- Open Position V2 has been updated to Open Position v3a for MT4 Build 600.
- Remove all old instances of Open Position v2 from all charts.
- Delete all instances of the old file Open Position v2 from the experts / indicator folder and all instances of Open Position v2 transfered to the MQL4 / Indicators folder.
- Install Open Postion v3a in MQL4 / Indicators folder.
This indicators is a modifications of the MetaQuotes iExposure indicator.
- Locked to the top right corner of the secondary window.
- The indicator should open as a secondary window below the main window.
- The indicator can also be dragged onto any secondary window such as Stocastics or MACD etc,
the indicator does not open as a secondary window (unlikely) and is
preferred to occupy its own secondary window then install Blank.mq4 and drag the indicator onto Blank.mq4.
- The indicator is only visible when one or more positions are open.
- p = points. MT4 calculates in points not pips. Compare chart p numbers in included demo image against numbers* under Profit Heading in (Account) Terminal. **
Column_Spacer to increase or decrease distance between columns. Too
large an increment may result in the indicator moving off the display
area. For finer control use decimal increments.
- For bold fonts set Fonts_Bold: true.
If you find your MT4 Terminal numbers differ from the installed
Indicator proceed as follows: Open Terminal(Ctrl+T). Right-click heading
Profit. Shift cursor to → Profit menu. Select → as Points.
focus on the chart and bring up the cross hairs (Ctrl+F) or click mouse
scroll wheel. Hold the left mouse button down and drag a line at about
45 degree angle. Below image: 5 is bar displacement, 131 is price displacement in Points, 1.64573 is price.
Calculate the value of a move:
The point value can be quickly calculated. As per above Image, AUDUSD
(117.12/(10.43 x 18)) = (117.12/187.74) = 0.62384. In this case £0.62,
but for greater accuracy retain 5 decimal placing. So a if 18 points move @ 10.43 lots = 117.12 then 180 points (18 x10 ) move at 10.43 lots = 117.12 x 10 = 1,171.20. Proof using point value: 10.43 x 180 x 0.62384 =
The image illustrates trades taken to check the below cases against the MT4 Terminal values.:
- A Buy profit
- A buy loss
- A Sell profit
- A Sell loss
Tick Generator: Indicator update can lag the terminal in fast market, on slow PCs or
slow connections. A tick-generator keeps all indicators up-dating
current. Free – Here. Says for EA but keeps indicators up-dating current as well.